The SDR has a very small employed staff and is mainly operated by volunteers.
Refreshment Rooms Vacancy
We are currently looking for hard-working individuals who are passionate about the Railway and have excellent customer service to come and work in our Refreshment Rooms at Buckfastleigh Station.
We are looking for both part time and full time kitchen and front of house staff to join our fantastic team. The ideal candidates will have some experience in catering and hospitality and must have a can-do attitude. Training will be given to the chosen candidates.
If you’re interested in applying, send us your CV to us.
A vacancy has arisen for this multi functional position.
Key tasks required:
– Cash processing ready for bank collections.
– Creation of daily traffic returns and statistics.
– Undertake the role of booking clerk when required and support the rostered volunteer clerks.
– Provide support with telephone answering and other roles in the commercial and sales office.
– Cover for on train buffet staff and travelling ticket inspectors in the absence of volunteer staff.
– Assist with operating duties, including ensuring areas to which the public have access are clean and have the necessary supplies.
– Clerical duties in support of the railway operations.
You will require a good standard of numeracy and be computer literate with knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate must be friendly, polite, a good communicator, helpful and have the ability and passion to work as part of a team, which comprises both paid and volunteer staff.
Hours of work: As the South Devon Railway is a tourist attraction open seven days a week in the operating season, you will work standard office hours, working five days out of seven, including some weekends.
As some of the elements of this position encompass safety critical roles, the successful candidate will be required to pass a company medical examination prior to appointment.
Salary: £16,300 p.a.
If you’re interested in applying, send us your CV to us. Closing date for applications is Friday 27 April 2018.
There are also always vacancies for volunteers!