As part of our measures to ensure we continue to manage the risks from COVID-19, we are operating an advanced booking system with pre-allocated seating. Where possible, please book your ticket in advance, as this will ensure you can travel at the time you wish to do so. Tickets are available online until midnight on the day before you intend to travel.
However, subject to availability, tickets will still be available to purchase “on the day” from our Booking Offices at Buckfastleigh and Totnes.
We are currently able to accommodate up to 3 wheelchair users from one travelling group on each of our trains at a time. If you wish to make a reservation to visit with a wheelchair, please email us at email@example.com
We have reviewed our safety measures and risk assessments in line with the announced easing of restrictions from Monday 19th July 2021. Although all legal restrictions have ended, the guidance is to remain cautious and take sensible steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to ensuring all of our staff and customers remain safe, and therefore we will still be operating with many of our COVID-19 precautions in place. This includes:
- enhanced cleaning on our trains and at stations (including “fogging” with specific long-lasting anti-viral agents),
- regular cleaning of common-touch surfaces during the day,
- pre-allocated seating on board our trains, with no sharing of tables or compartments between different groups of visitors,
- Perspex screens between each bay of seats onboard
- hand sanitiser stations available across the railway,
- ensuring our staff are briefed on our measures and are aware of the need to isolate if advised to do so, or if they develop symptoms
- operation of “Test and Trace” for all of our passengers, with access to our trains only available to those who have checked in.
Whilst it is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering, we ask that you continue to wear one in our indoor areas including the Shop, Kiosk, Booking Offices and on the trains (except within private compartments), unless you are medically exempt. It is not necessary to wear one on our station platforms which are outdoors, however you are of course welcome to wear one if you wish.
Please do not visit if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, or are advised to self-isolate.
Although social distancing is no longer legally required, we ask that you maintain as much distance from others you are not travelling with as possible, and be respectful of those who may wish to keep their distance from others.
For NHS test and trace purposes, when booking, please ensure that you provide accurate details of each member of your party who is over the age of 16. We are voluntarily continuing to record this as recommended by government guidance.
There is no restriction on numbers booking or travelling together in the same group.
If you have a special journey request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you.