The locomotive roster shown below shows the plan – as always, short-notice alterations can take place, so please note that the locomotives shown below are not guaranteed to run on the services shown, or at all.
- The locomotive shown as S1 is the first steam loco off shed, S2 is the second steam loco off shed, etc.
- On blue days (except diesel running days), the first loco operates the 1000, 1130, 1300, 1500 trains off Buckfastleigh, the second loco operates the 1045, 1215, 1415, 1545 off Buckfastleigh.
- On blue diesel running days, the diesel operates the 1000, 1130, 1300, 1500 trains off Buckfastleigh, the first steam loco operates the 1045, 1215, 1415, 1545 off Buckfastleigh.
- On red days, the first loco operates the 1045, 1215, 1415, 1545 off Buckfastleigh.
- On special event days, S1, S2, etc are the order of the steam locos off shed. See the special event pages for more details of the timetables in operation on those days.
- Where a * is shown, the locomotive is not planned to be used on a public service, but may haul other trains on the line (ie footplate experience, private charter, etc).
- See the timetables pages for more details of the timetable on each day.