Some early tickets for 2019’s steam gala are now on sale!
6-14 April 2019 will be a very special gala to mark 50 years since the preservation of the line with nine fantastic days of steam in the Valley of the River Dart. See our website for full details of this exciting event.
There will be visiting locomotives (1450 and 6430 already confirmed, more to follow!) as well as SDR home fleet, a grand re-opening ceremony re-enactment with celebrity guest, a re-enactment of first trains, locomotive parade, dining options for breakfast, lunch and evening meals, footplate experience, drive-a-train experience, SDR Association Day, re-union for all former staff and volunteers, heritage buses, 7¼” railway and much much more!
Tickets are available now, including multi-day rovers. Book early to obtain tickets at 2018 prices (and take part in our Gift Aid donation scheme to obtain unlimited tea, coffee or squash refils!)
We are pleased to say that the round trip is priced at the ‘normal’ (ie, £9 for children, £15 for adults, £14 for senior citizens, £43 for a family). Rovers tickets are also available and are valid all day on the stated date/s (does not have to be consecutive) for anything between 1 and 4 days, then a “5+ Day” rover is valid for ALL NINE DAYS of the gala!
Normal ticket prices are expected to rise in 2019 (and rover prices will rise in sympathy), so everyone is encouraged to book early to obtain their ticket at the 2018 rate.
- Joint tickets with Totnes Rare Breeds Farm and/or Otters & Butterflies available at normal prices. Valid for one round trip on the train.
- Children age 0-2 travel free.
- Tickets for members, shareholders, etc, are available by ringing up to book (not online).
- HRA passes, BR Priv, SDR Free Travel Vouchers NOT valid on this event.
- Working members of other heritage railways with which we have reciprocal travel arrangements pay the SDR members’ fare.
We look forward to seeing you there!