Yorkshire Engine Co 0-4-0DE No L052 Yorkie
This engine was built in 1959 by the Yorkshire Engine Company, works number 2745, for the National Coal Board and spent its whole working life at Agecroft Colliery, near Manchester, marshalling wagons of coal for transfer to British Railways.
After withdrawal in 1984, it went to Chatterley Whitfield Mining Museum at Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent. When that closed, it was purchased privately and brought to the SDR in 1994 and is a very useful engine for shunting and yard pilot duties.
It is affectionately known as Yorkie.