Ruston & Hornsby 0-4-0DH No 418793 Dusty

This locomotive was built by Ruston & Hornsby in 1958 as a prototype of a new variation of their standard '165DS' class, being used initially as a 'demonstrator' for about a year at locations that included the Central Electricity Generating Board's Staythorpe Power Station in Newark.

Returned to the factory in 1958 and fitted with a new power unit, it was sold to British Gypsum in Newark where it worked until 1976. It was sold to Steetley Minerals' Downlow Quarry near Buxton where it worked until 1991, when rail traffic declined

It was purchased privately and went to the Bulmers Railway Centre in Hereford, arriving on the SDR in 1993, where it has been regularly used as yard pilot. 

 

Back to Locomotives 

Dusty.gif