6435 was one of the visiting locomotives at our 40th anniversary celebrations in April 2009.
Built in Swindon in 1934, 6435 is one of the 40-strong 64xx class of Great Western Railway pannier tanks, which were to be found on most parts of the GWR system.
She spent most of her working life on passenger duties in South Wales but ended her days in the west country.
She was purchased by the Dart Valley Railway, the then operators of today's South Devon Railway, and arrived at Buckfastleigh in October 1965, straight from BR service.
6435 was used regularly in the line's early days of preservation and, in the 1970s, was transferred to the Dart Valley company's Paignton to Kingswear line.
In 2008, 6435 was declared too small for this heavily graded line and was purchased for use on the Bodmin & Wenford Railway in Cornwall.
Back to Gone but not Forgotten.